Pages

Friday 3 July 2015

Luxe Loungewear: Your Pajamas Never Looked So Good

When Lux Sleepwear sent us a lovely set of pajamas for review, not only were we thrilled, but we immediately knew who the perfect woman would be to review those pajamas.

Not too long ago we had the pleasure of getting to know the inspiring duo behind the All-Canadian label, Lux Sleepwear (Read that interview here). Following the interview, Carey and Erin graciously sent us a beautiful set of pajamas. While we would have been thrilled to review these lovelies ourselves, #EveryWoman is unique and our readers want to hear from the diverse range of women out there. We knew immediately that our good friend, and inspiring super-woman in her own right, Kimberley St. Pierre would be the perfect person to do the review. Read on to learn more about Kimberley and what she thought of her new Lux Sleepwear set.

By Day? 
I work in Corporate Sales for TELUS and love it! I have been in sales for almost 20 years now and enjoy the relationship building aspect of my career, plus this particular role allows me to geek out a little bit in the IT world.

By Night? 
I am an avid equestrian so I can be found riding my horse, training for jumping and dressage competitions, or volunteering at Southlands Riding Club. I am the Vice President on the board of directors.

Corporate Sales by day; Avid Equestrian by night.
Photo Credit: Ingo Neufeld.

Sweet or Savoury?​​ 
Lately, both! I often crave chocolate and caramel covered salted pretzels. Oh my.

Muse? 
Every successful independent woman that I encounter.

Saturday night or Sunday morning? 
Both. Saturday night for turning in early and snuggling up in a blanket with my Lux jammies to watch a movie. Sunday morning for being out and about on my way to the stable for a ride before the city wakes up.

Saturday night ... snuggling up in a blanket with my Lux jammies to watch a movie. 

Red or White? 
Both! Malbecs in the winter accompanying a delish meal, inside somewhere with funky music and candle light.  White Viogniers in the summer with tasty appies for sharing on a patio.

Facebook or Instagram? 
Both! Facebook is a great place for sharing pics and funny stories with my family and friends that I don’t have an opportunity to see often. Instagram allows me to keep up with the youngsters in my life that are not old enough to be on Facebook, it’s also great for searching and following trends that I am interested in.

What word makes you cringe? 
Can’t. The minute I hear someone say that I think “Why not?!”, then I think “Watch me!”.

When I come home ... I immediately change out of my work or riding clothes
and put my jammies on.

What smell do you love? 
Vanilla. My car has smelled like Vanilla since I was 19 years old, same air freshener every time – Vanillaroma Magic Tree.


What did you last take a photo of? 
Two cats that I was taking care of for some friends on the weekend.  It was a rare moment for these feline siblings to cuddle.


Most recent addition to your lingerie drawer? 
Victoria’s Secret “no show seamless” panty.  They show, not impressed.

My new go-to set (of jammies) is the ‘Not My College Sweatshirt’ and
‘Sleep Tight Legging’ from Lux Sleepwear. 

Pajamas or Sweats? 
PJ’s all the way.  When I come home and am planning on staying in for the night, I immediately change out of my work or riding clothes and put my jammies on.  Total comfort.

How much time do you spend in your pj's?
 I am fortunate to be part of our Flexible Workstyles Program at TELUS so this means I have the opportunity to work from home a lot. Which means crawling out of bed at 5:30 or 6:00 am because I can’t sleep any later than that, heading straight to my laptop, hair all a mess and in my jammies to start work for the day.  There is really no need to put on a suit for that, right? Unless it’s a video conference call, that changes the game a little.

Do you have a go-to set?
My new go-to set is the ‘Not My College Sweatshirt’ and ‘Sleep Tight Legging’ from Lux Sleepwear. 

The material is so incredibly soft ...feels like you are wearing nothing.

What do you love about your new Lux Sleepwear 'Not My College Sweatshirt' and 'Sleep Tight Leggings'?  
The material is so incredibly soft and literally feels like you are wearing nothing so they are very cozy. They don’t pull or twist and are super comfortable, the best part is they don’t collect lint from my fuzzy blankets so they stay black.  I could also throw on a pair of flip flops and pop into my local Starbuck’s for a coffee as they don’t look like typical jammies and are very stylish.

What would you change about them?
Nothing about the product itself, I love it.  Although I would like to change the fact that I only have one set from Lux Sleepwear, I must order more soon!


I think of my Lux set as “loungewear” more than “sleepwear”.


Check Lux Sleepwear out online.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love & appreciate your comments.
Thanks for chatting with us.


-Calliope + Clio

Shop