Pages

Friday 26 June 2015

In-Flight Essentials: My Best Dry Skin Beauty Regime

Update: During the harsh winter months, this regime, twice a week has my skin looking and feeling phenomenal where it would otherwise be dry and devitalized.

I find the dry cabin air of a long-haul flight can really drain my skin of vitality. And upon arrival at destination, with 4-year old in tow, I really don't need any help in the 'looking-tired' department. Taking a cue from the better traveled than myself, I decided to give an in-flight skincare regime a go. The result: 14 hours later I stepped off my final connection with soft, glowing skin and not a dark under-eye circle in sight (in spite of not having slept much at all)!

Clockwise from left: Harlow Bohemian Body Butter, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, 'My Daily Dose' by Skin Inc, Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask by Skin Inc and Ole Henriksen 'Nurture Me' Cleansing Cloths.


The Regime

1. Wipe off dirt and make-up with Ole Henriksen 'Nurture Me' cleansing cloths. Not only are they super-cleansing, they also add nourishment with essential fatty acids.

2. Apply just 3 drops of custom blended serum by Skin Inc to your face, neck and eye area. This, coupled with step no. 3 below, makes the power duo. My serum included Hyaluronic Acid for long-lasting hydration, Vitamin A to even tone and reduce dark circles and Coenzyme Q10 to enhance the skin's ability to energize and renew itself. I am SO impressed with this product that I'll be dedicating an entire post to it in the near future!

3. Next apply a thin layer of Skin Inc's Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask. This transparent gel mask is perfect for serious yet discreet in-flight skincare. The formula is designed to moisturize, clarify and brighten the complexion, while sealing in the properties of the serum used in step no.2 for maximum results. The mask can be easily rinsed off (or not) for a make-up application prior to descent.

4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. From both inside and out. As tempting as those mini wines may be, alcohol in-flight is a sure way to achieve that dry, devitalized post-flight look that will grace you with it's presence for the first few days of your long awaited vacay. Instead, opt for water and save your palate for some special local bevvies. Externally, mist frequently with Caudalie Beauty Elixir. This magic spray is concocted with it's own serum and instantly boosts glow! 

5. Finally, made in Vancouver, BC, Harlow Bohemian Body Butter provides instant relief to dry hands. And it smells delish! Use as often as needed, a tiny bit goes a long way.

A bit of a lengthy post, but you need to know these details. In reality, steps 1 to 3 took about 2 minutes and I did it at my seat. I was so sold on this regime after my in-flight experience that I incorporated it into my daily routine (Because you can do that on vacation). I am absolutely loving the results and happier with my skin than I have been in quite a few years! 

What products do you rely on to combat dry skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love & appreciate your comments.
Thanks for chatting with us.


-Calliope + Clio

Shop