Pages

Thursday 7 January 2016

New Year, New Me???

Not likely. Resolutions and diets aren't for me but growth and development, that's what I strive for. 



I've learned that resolutions, as dramatic lifestyle changes, can lead to severe disappointment in my inability to remain committed. As soon as I give in to that first bag of cheese puffs on January 1. The result unwinds motivation with a single 'fail'.

Who's been there?

Instead, I try to use the change in calendar year to revisit my lifestyle and my routine. Though I thrive on personal development I've learned that things don't always go according to plan. Sometimes you have to take a step back. This isn't failure, this is reality. If you're someone who believes that life is about the journey, not the destination then you can relate and you need to read this article by James Clear.


Losing 20 pounds doesn't turn my crank as much as it does to feel that I am athletic, I am strong. Still, goals provide a necessary benchmark of progress. I just have to remind myself to have the right attitude about those goals. That attitude begins with loving myself and leads to taking care of myself, my loved ones and the world around me. It allows me to take what I learned last year and apply it to the coming year, with an appreciation for the unpredictability of life. Not being too hard on myself is a constant challenge, but I have to remind myself that a great attitude is meant to be a work in progress.

Who else is working on having a great attitude in this year and in this life?




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love & appreciate your comments.
Thanks for chatting with us.


-Calliope + Clio

Shop